Friday, May 12, 2006

 

"So did you side swipe Big Bird, or what?"

Those were my husband's first words to me when he walked in the door last night.

My answer was, "No, but that's good. I think I'll use it."

What happened, in fact, was a drive-thru mishap. I was going through a certain fast food restaurant chain on my way home because B. was working late, and I got too close to the pole in front of the pay window, which happened to be yellow.

There's not much denting, but there is ugly yellow paint all over the side of the car. Fortunately, it was the ugly old car.

Oh well, what can you do?

Comments:
Ooh. I did that with my parking gate a few years ago. There's still a thin black line of paint and a scrape on the driver's side of the Neon. The paint must have been latex because it came off with a rag and some diluted Windex, of all things. But it's an old car that I plan to sell, anyway...
 
Glad to hear you didn't kill Big Bird. In college, and I'll share this now though I didnt' then. I backed up into an orange poll in the Autozone parking lot. So the right side of the car's bumper was an ugly shade of orange until it finally wore off. It wasn't an ugly car, but I hated that car. Remember the pretty 626? New? It should have definitely been yellow. Not Big Bird yellow - lemon yellow.
You know I see the scrapes and bits of color on the poles and walls of drive-up windows. I always wondered...
 
I swear, T, your luck with cars (or the lack thereof) is the stuff of legend...
 
You and Greg. My car had a lovely yellow streak down the side when he did the same thing.

The good news: in four years, it washes off. It's not there any longer.
 
Good to hear you're still around. Sitting in your p.j.s should leave you plenty of time for blogging.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?