Tuesday, September 19, 2006

 

My little adventure with the dog next door

On a completely different topic ... (yes two posts in a day, can you handle it)

I was pulling out the driveway this morning to run some errands and there was a very pretty little brown retriever wandering down the sidewalk. She had a collar and an ID tag. So, I stopped and got out of the car. I let her sniff me. She let me pet her and I got close enough to see her collar. There was a number, so I called and got the owner's cell phone.

She was about to head into work and lived two houses down from us, so I told her I'd just walk the dog back and hook her back up. There were two leashes hooked together to give a longer tether, so I planned to just use the shorter one still connected to the post. So I did, except that the dog managed to run a circle around me while I was hooking her back up, which quickly landed me on my ass in the grass. The dog then proceeded to break the second leash as well. Not surprising since it was just cotton cording with hook thingy on the end. The dog, who was called Jade, the proceeded to waller all over me because she so happy to have a playmate.

I called the owner again, and she said the garage was unlocked and I could put her in there. With some effort I managed it and went about my errands.

So that was my good deed for the day. It got me off schedule and a rope burn on my ankle.

Comments:
Congrats on the acting gig. And kudos for the good deed. Two posts in one day! Holy cow. Scott must be right -- it's the pregnancy. Boy or girl, you must be having a WRITER.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?